casual reminder that you have two tiny ossicles in your inner ear which were once the jawbones of a reptile, the calcium in your bones comes from the uplift of mountains, that the cells of your skeleton are made new every ten years.
#reminder that archaeologists have not yet discovered any stage of human existence without art #reminder that every two weeks you touch someone with new skin #reminder that your brain is hardwired for empathy #reminder that your cardiac muscles replace themselves so slowly that you’ll carry the same heart all your life #not to borrow bones’ tag #but #reminder—everything will turn out right the world is built on that (notbecauseofvictories)
A WWII soldiers photo-booth collection c.1942
#i think it is very important to remember that literally every human being who has ever existed was kind of a dork#you are kind of a dork#i am kind of a dork#all of these soldiers are total dorks#your favorite person in the world is kind of a dork#so is your least favorite person in the world#as a species we are dorky and awkward and very bad at being functional adults#welcome to the crew#and happy new year (swanjolras)
AKA Why Representation Matters.
1. “Why does this blog need to exist?”
2. “Why do people still think people of color were invented 100 years ago?”
3. “Why are there so many just plain wrong ideas about the past in regard to racial diversity?”
4. “Why are so many people so utterly convinced that there were no [insert marginalized group here] in history?”
5. “Why do you even care? It’s just a movie/book/show!”